The #BeHumanBeKindSD Project Presented by Alexan ALX
If you already follow us on social media, then you’ve most likely seen the announcement of our #BeHumanBeKindSD project being officially underway. With everything going on in the world—and the giving season right around the corner— it’s crucial to remember the importance of kindness and coming together as a community. For the next couple months, we’re encouraging everyone in San Diego to be part of our #BeHumanBeKindSD movement by challenging yourself to “commit” a random good deed at least once every week and tell us about it using #BeHumanBeKindSD. Some may say that doing nice things for each other seems far too obvious (this just means you’re a good person!), but it’s times like these when we need this kind of simple activism the most…and we need to pay it forward and remind each other every day.
Photo caption: The Alexan ALX team delivers goodie bags to downtown San Diego security workers and thanks them for their service.
Need some inspiration? Here are some ideas to get you started:
Charitable Deeds for Those in Need*:
- Deliver clear bags of new socks and undergarments to a homeless shelter
- Deliver clear bags or “kits” of hotel size, single-use toiletries, trash bags, bottled water, food, and reusable water bottles to a homeless shelter (please keep in mind many without proper healthcare battle with dental issues, so softer foods may be a better option)
- Set-up a time for your friends, family or co-workers to donate time and service at a local food pantry or veteran’s village
Other Random Good Deeds:
- Host a clean-up party at your favorite beach, park, or green space downtown
- Donate your professional services to an organization or non-profit that is meaningful to you
- Donate hair to Locks of Love or another non-profit organization
- Tape a positive quote to a mirror using a Post-It
- Plant a tree
- Donate food or other goods to a local pantry
- Take treats to a fire or police station
- Adopt a rescue animal
- Buy the person waiting next to you in line their coffee
- Put away someone’s shopping cart
- Take care of someone’s children or pet(s) while they are away for no charge
- Bring treats or healthy snacks in for your co-workers
- Leave a big tip to a wait staff person
- Cook a special meal for your roommate or partner
- Send anonymous flowers
We’re so excited to use our reach for something that gives back to the local community we have the privilege of calling home, and we hope you’ll join us in this feel-good campaign. If you happen to be one of the individuals who is touched by this campaign, then we hope to hear your story through the use of the official #BeHumanBeKindSD hashtag. The Alexan ALX team sincerely hopes you get to see this movement in action!
If you have questions regarding residential or retail inquiries, please contact us by clicking here. If you have press inquiries about this campaign or are interested in marketing collaborations, please contact our new media representative at email@example.com.
*The Alexan ALX recommends delivering needed goods to a homeless shelter versus personally handing them out on the street at your own risk.